MicroGuard® is an advanced, inert, inorganic, oligomeric, siloxane coating that cures at ambient temperatures. The cross-link cured deposits produce a glass-like film that creates an ultra-thin, micron-depth layering of inorganic crystals, which forms an homogenous inter-linking network that chemically bonds to non-ferrous metals and other surfaces. MicroGuard® coatings use both atom-to-atom covalent bonding and London Force bonding to securely adhere to non-ferrous metals and other surfaces. The coating that results is one of the most durable available. MicroGuard® is patented and superior to traditional HVAC/R coatings in that it withstands the damaging effects of chemical abuse, abrasion, and ablation, intense heat, ultra-violet light, and corrosive degradation. The clear coating enhances and maintains a unit’s natural surface appearance without distortion.
For more information, please read the MicroGuard® HVAC FAQs and the Energy Guard and MicroGuard Overview brochures.
- MicroGuard® exhibits exceptional and unparalleled salt and acid corrosion protection, withstanding 6000 hours of salt chamber testing.
- MicroGuard® does not reduce heat transference.
- MicroGuard® increases a unit’s energy efficiency (EER) by up to 15% resulting in lower operating costs and a reduction in up to 70 pounds of NOX/CO2 emissions per ton per year.
- MicroGuard® is an inorganic material that inhibits the growth of mold and mildew.
- MicroGuard® is an inert coating that is UV stable. It protects the cabinets from fading and will not deteriorate under UV lights.
- MicroGuard® supports reduced maintenance costs because it enables the cleaning of units with a mild, eco-friendly degreaser and water.
- MicroGuard® reduces water usage required for cleaning. May qualify for 1 LEED point.
- MicroGuard® can be field applied on new or existing units or factory applied on new units with equal success. Field application eliminates lead days and minimizes freight costs.
- Approved GSA # to facilitate easier, expedient processing and pre-approved pricing for government contracts.